Tuesday, June 21, 2011

In Which I Find I'm Subject To Subconcious Action-Reaction Bullshit


Good news all day today.

The Beneficiary is getting out of the hospital tomorrow. No, it wasn't anything major, but still, that's good news, right?

And I got some HUGE good news in a different area of my life. Can't get into it because it's mostly classified, or to be less dramatic, non-disclosable. But it's major.

And yet another piece of excellent news from the East Coast kid.

It doesn't really matter what all these mean - except that they are the single best wad of consecutive single-day news items I've had in at least a couple of years.

Now, here's the problem - I am a rationalist. I know how things in the universe relate to one another. There is no balancing "karma" beyond what we make for ourselves. Which means that these pieces of good news, coincidentally all landing within 4 hours of each other, are NOT going to be balanced by bad news, right?

So why am I waiting for the other shoe to drop instead of just enjoying it?

In Our Next Episode: I remember how much bad news has happened lately, and decide I'm owed. Rationalist my ass. I'll be consulting tea leaves, chicken livers and fortune cookies next.

Crap. And now I'm hungry.

4 comments:

  1. No way no how do I believe that good must be followed by bad, or bad followed by good. Fear can be an insane director, though. Hope you can stay in the "enjoy it" part of the good news(es)! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here's my experience: Life does get better as you age, and "better" includes the good not always being chased by the bad. It's like the bad lets up which means either a) when we're young we really suck at making life work and/or b) when we're older we appreciate the good more and give it more attention. I'm going with "and".

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy it, dood. Most peoples' lives are a wave pattern: good times come and go and so do bad times.
    I agree with SereneBabe there --as to enjoying the good news, and yes, like Keera said, life gets a lot less troublesome when you are older.

    My 20s and 30s sucked big time compared to now at 56 and still breathing.

    Cheers, man. Enjoy these mysterious things.

    ReplyDelete
  4. But it's not rational, everything goes to shit and a run of good luck is just the supreme fucker's way to set you up for a harder fall.

    ReplyDelete

Well, Don't Just Sit There -- Say Something!