I just broke 45,000 words. All I need is another 5K and I'm done. Another 5K and I win. Another 5K and I get my cheap software. Another 5K and....and I get to walk away from the fucking keyboard forever.
Of course I won't. But at the moment, I could easily close the cover on this computer and not even look at it again for a REALLY long time. Except for that short story I've got to get finished, anyhow, and there ain't no walking away from that.
Crap. Oh, well, it won't be as hard a push, right?
OK, this, and then the short story, and then quit for awhile. I'll toss the short story into the word count so I can get both done at once. No, that won't work because the short story needs heavy editing while it's being written and that's totally incompatible with NaNo style. I'll wind up working for an entire afternoon getting a few hundred words in the right order when I need to be able to hammer out text at about a thousand an hour to stay on schedule AND have time to do ANYTHING else.
As Brad says: Dammit. Janet.
Anyhow, I won't be back here for at least a little while, a few days, until I at least get past the 50K. Final push and all that. So, see ya' on the other side (up in the rarified 50K plus area where I can lord it over all of you who give a shit one way or the other and completely mystify the rest of you as to why ANYONE would care...)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Well, Don't Just Sit There -- Say Something!