"Quod Obstat Viae Fit Via"
(What Obstructs The Way Becomes The Way)
Saturday, June 18, 2011
So, There Was This One Time...
Again, thanks for the feedback - it is appreciated. Something else will go up pretty soon. Or not. We'll see how it goes.
In Our Next Episode: I decide I'm artistic and post some pictures. As soon as I figure out where the grandkid hid the "Burnt Sienna" and "Oompa Loompa Orange" crayons.
That's bloody FANTASTIC! It reminds me of James Ellroy's White Jazz: similar theme, hard boiled cop dealing with the dirt and slime of the streets. Do yourself a favor and buy the audio book. The guy who reads it is great.
Thanks, guys. I have such a miniscule number of followers (I'm a very exclusive acquired taste - HAH! I crack me up,) that even a couple of you liking a piece is a substantial percentage of the readership. Good for the ego, y'know?
I'll pull this down in a bit. Maybe put up something else. We'll see.
One of my best friends made at the Burn last year became a pregnant teenaged runaway twenty years ago as a means of escape from her father's relentless fuck-attacks. Her return to the world has been nothing short of heroic. I haven't written about her or mentioned her at all.
Thanks, Don - you got in just under the wire. It was scheduled to come down at midnight, but I was busy...appreciate the kind words, and good luck to your friend.
That's bloody FANTASTIC! It reminds me of James Ellroy's White Jazz: similar theme, hard boiled cop dealing with the dirt and slime of the streets. Do yourself a favor and buy the audio book. The guy who reads it is great.
ReplyDeleteWow. Really, really wow.
ReplyDeleteThanks, guys. I have such a miniscule number of followers (I'm a very exclusive acquired taste - HAH! I crack me up,) that even a couple of you liking a piece is a substantial percentage of the readership. Good for the ego, y'know?
ReplyDeleteI'll pull this down in a bit. Maybe put up something else. We'll see.
JHC, that's good.
ReplyDeleteOne of my best friends made at the Burn last year became a pregnant teenaged runaway twenty years ago as a means of escape from her father's relentless fuck-attacks. Her return to the world has been nothing short of heroic. I haven't written about her or mentioned her at all.
Thanks, Don - you got in just under the wire. It was scheduled to come down at midnight, but I was busy...appreciate the kind words, and good luck to your friend.
ReplyDelete