Sunday, November 24, 2013

Fifty One-Thirty-One

  50131

Final word count for NaNoWriMo. I made it, and will be validating it in about 2 hours have validated it. I thought I'd done it earlier today, but it turns out that Scrivener, MS Word, and NaNoWriMo all count the number of words differently. So, Scrivener told me I had written about 50.1K words. MSWord says I had 49.2K and the NaNo site says 49.3K. For those of you not up to speed on this little project, you have to have 50K to "win." So, I wasn't done after all. In fact, as far as the NaNoWriMo site counter is concerned, I had to cough up another 700 words. So, I went ahead and wrote another 800+, just to be on the safe side. 'Cause after you've already written over 2000 words in a day, another 800 is a walk in the park, am I right?

At any rate, my writing available time drops to zero starting tomorrow (emails and texts from hot wimmin always excepted, of course) so I just had to grit my teeth and do it.

Done.

OK, I'm walking away from the keyboard and, at the moment, I hope I never see the fucking thing again.

Yay!

(UPDATE On NaNoWriMo Progress:)

2 comments:

  1. Thanks! As to the name, I've set up a survey so my adoring public can direct me on my path to fame and glory. Wisdom of crowds and all that. You KNOW how much I trust the opinions of masses of people.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like D Slash because it is an incomplete expression. Asbestos Dust just makes me cough.

    Congrats etc.

    ReplyDelete

Well, Don't Just Sit There -- Say Something!