Friday, July 16, 2010

Being An Adult - On My Own

So, the Next of Kin is out of town. Has been all week, but will be back soon. And while she was gone, I got the opportunity to handle everything all by myself, just like a big kid.

It went well.

Going back over my diary/log for the week, even I am astonished at how well I do on my own. The most publishable entry occurred yesterday. In its entirety:


14 Jul 2010, 1823:

Spent all day on the bike barhopping all over two states. Came home starving, so ate dinner: 1/2 box of stale, almost slushy, no-sugar Oreos, 2 cans of Vienna sausages, and a can of corned beef hash.

Took a short nap, presently explosively sh**ting my brains out, which is even more annoying than it sounds.

Related - regrets over last night's cheese, jalapeƱo, and whiskey binge are in progress. 

In Our Next Episode: The Journal continues with an attempt to uncrustify some laundry.

1 comment:

  1. Know what I find totally endearing about this? The fact that you didn't spell out the word "shitting."

    I knew your tough guy thing was just an act.

    ReplyDelete

Well, Don't Just Sit There -- Say Something!